Tuesday, October 9, 2012

We did it....

Untitled

I have been going over in my mind when would be the best time to convert Cam's bed from a crib to a toddler bed. Although, it's something I'd rather not have to do so soon(yeah I know he's 2 and most people convert sooner) but since he's been able to climb in and out for months I figured I'd better go ahead before he got hurt. :( I guess there's something about doing it that makes it seem all the more real that my baby is not so much a baby anymore and keeping his bed into a crib meant(to me) that he wasn't growing up yet or that I could hold on to it.

So earlier today me and his daddy got in his room and started taking the screws out. We had to move the mattress back up a notch in order for the other rails to fit into their appropriate places. He watched and I could tell he was wondering what was going on. Then once the side rail was completely off he screamed out, "Put it back!" I started laughing and telling him he was going to have a big boy bed(although I was really wanting to cry but I didn't). I said, "Do you want a big boy bed?" and he said, "No put it back on." This boy of ours is truly smart. He had tears welling up in his eyes. Then almost instantly they were gone and he was jumping up and down on the mattress.

We soon had it all put together. Cam grabbed his blankie and sat on his bed then demanded his juice. He was smiling and giggly. I was finally feeling a sense of relief that it was gonna be okay. He was gonna like his big boy bed after all. Not long after I took the first picture above he grabs his train set and puts it in his bed. I think he was excited that he could get up and down without having to climb over.

He is now asleep in his new big boy bed and I am kinda sad that I didn't get a picture of him in his crib for the last time last night but it was a spur of the moment thing. Thinking back on it all today makes me smile though. I am always incorporating dates and numbers into everything trying to make logic of it all and I was trying to figure out if 10/9 was a good number to make me feel at peace with making such a huge change. So I started trying to remember if there was anything I could think of that that number/date could represent. Then I asked my hubby what 10/9 meant as far as the 10 Codes and he said Repeat. I was like "Oh yeah a repeat of all of this would be amazing." ;) So glad I didn't get this spur of the moment feeling on 10/10(which means fight). LOL! I can only imagine what bedtime might have been like.

 Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment