Sunday, June 27, 2010

{A New Member}

Of our family was born on April 26, 2010. Here's a little of Camden's Birth Story..

Monday, April 26, 2010 I had a drs. appt. at 2:00p.m. My best friend, Amanda went with me. I saw Dr. Edmondson and his assistant(intern I think). He listened to Cam's heartbeat and he also stripped my membranes for the 2nd time. I began cramping immediately. We left the appt. and went on our way. On the way home I cramped a lot. When I got home I was overwhelmingly tired and layed on the bed for several hours; still cramping. I remember getting on my knees, crouching over some pillows because the contractions were so uncomfortable(also I though it would help him move down ;) ). Around 7 something that afternoon the contractions started getting stronger and closer together(maybe every 2-3minutes). At about 8:03p.m. I sat down in the recliner with a notepad to time the contractions, as I went to let the chair out I felt a pop and then a gush of water. I ran to the bathroom! I immediately started praying that we would make it to the hospital and that I could deal with the contractions. I knew I was in for it!!!! and boy was I right!

I called my momma and asked her to come to the house to help me get everything into the car because my water had just broke. Our windows were still up and I had several things to put in the car. I also called my SIL who had my daughter and told her to bring her home so that I could see her before I went into the hospital. They all arrived within 10 minutes and my contractions were no longer bearable.

We soon got on our way to the hospital at 8:40 something. When we got there we took the stairs up to the 2nd floor(scared of elevators, closed in spaces), also didn't want it to get stuck and my have no way to get pain meds! Got to the 2nd floor and the I told the lady why I was there and she had me sign some papers. After I screamed a few times in pain she ushered me into a room. I was in the room in the bed at 9:03p.m. I barely got changed before I was on the bed screaming for my epidural. They stuck me 4 times trying to get my IV in and the head nurse started getting aggravated with me because I wouldn't stop moving and screaming. I kept wanting something to drink and my epidural and the nurse said I couldn't until I had my IV in and so I had to be still.

The anesthesiologist came in a few minutes(seemed like hours) later and administered my epidural. I had some crazy reaction to the epidural and thought I was gonna pass out. I thought I was gone then. I freaked my best friend out during the process and I think the nurse too.

Seemed a few minutes later I was pushing. I was 4-5cm. when I got there, then a few minutes later I told them to check me again cause I felt the urge to push, I was then 5-6cm. After the epidural I was complete! Dr. Edmondson let the nurse take over until they could see Camden's head. I pushed probably 7 minutes.

Camden Rhys was born at 10:22p.m. at 8lbs. 12.5oz. and 20in. long. His apgar was 9/9.








No comments:

Post a Comment